Sunday, September 16, 2012

We are a new creation...

We got to see the coolest thing this morning.  Walking into our church, alongside the path, there are trees and bushes.  Every once and a while we'll see a butterfly fluttering by.  The kids love watching and following it.  A few weeks ago Jared and the girls were checking out some of the bushes along the path.  They found a caterpillar on a branch.  I didn't think anything of it...until today.  For some reason today, we stopped to look at the bushes' branches and saw these guys!
Wow!  I think we saw at least 6 chrysalises on several of the bushes.  Then, while we were looking around, we saw LOTS of these little guys.
So cool!  These caterpillars were munching away.  I told the girls it's just like the book "The Very Hungry Caterpillar."  I also told the kids that I think these are Monarch Caterpillars.  Well, upon coming home and using my Google-fu skills, they ARE Monarchs.  Again, SO cool!

Yes, the kids (and I :) ) were very excited seeing these guys.  We can't wait to go back to church and see how the chrysalises are doing or see if we'll have lots of Monarchs fluttering around.

I know God gave us this cool experience for us this morning.  He gives us these moments/experiences that are just for us...something He knows will marvel us...something to give us a great big smile...something to show His power or creation.  It also reminded me of 2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!  I am like that caterpillar before following Jesus; just doing my own thing, my own way, focusing on myself and no one else.  But then God steps in, I get all wrapped up in that chrysalis and then emerge like the beautiful butterfly; a totally new creation, a new life!  Thank you Jesus!

Just wanted to share our fun and amazing experience God gave us this morning :)
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails