Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to you moms out there! The moms-to-be, the ones with empty arms; the moms of 1, the moms of many; the old, the young; the single, the married, the step, the blended; the moms waiting to adopt, the moms fostering, the moms who birthed. You all are so special and important!  There's no one else like a Mom, that's for sure!! :)

This poem was read by our pastor this morning at church. It brings tears to my eyes! To think that our 5 kids will be grown and gone in the blink of an eye! It makes me realize how fast time goes by and that I need to be more intentional with my kids...to love on them, to teach them, to laugh and have fun with them, to hug, to kiss, to snuggle with them, to talk with them and answer every "what's that mama?" with patience and a smile, to make every day an adventure with them and to show them God's unending love. Only with God's help can He make me the mom I (and He) desire to be!

It's called "I Sit and Rock Alone"

Just yesterday it seems my children
Played upon the floor
And I wiped countless fingerprints
from the window pane and door

I kissed away a thousand tears
and darned sock after sock
And tried to keep pace with the hands
That raced around the clock.

And often when at the end of day
Too tired to sleep, in bed I lay.
I'd think how nice when, children grown,
My time again should be my own.

So, now I sit and rock alone,
My hands at rest, the work all done;
No little tots upon the floor,
No fingerprints upon the door.

No socks to mend, bruises to kiss-
Ah me! How could I know I'd miss
The very things I grudged to do?
Dear, God, if only there might be
Someone again who needed me!

Author Unknown

Me and my kiddos today :)  Brielle, Anna, Mama, Bethany, Jared and Suzan


And I had to take one of them with Grammy :)  Bethany, Jared, Suzan, Grammy, Brielle and Anna

Now, a brief moment for me to sip on a yummy mocha cookie crumble frappuccino Paul got me (Yay! ;D ) and then it's time to enjoy my 5 sweeties + hubby for dinner and some swimming.  May God help all of us moms relish the time we spend with our kiddos!

post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails