**updated with a picture of Jared in his cowboy garb. Yee Haw! ;)
Today is our state's 100th birthday! Ah yes, we are the "Valentine State" ;)All of the kids at Jared's school get to dress up in western wear. Jared has few items to wear. He'll look cute! :)
In honor of my state, here's a quiz for you ;) Good luck!
What do you know about Arizona?
Test your knowledge of Arizona. Take this simple quiz and find out if you've got what it takes to stand up for the 48th state to be admitted to the union. Select an answer for each of the following ten questions and then click on the "How did I do?" button at the bottom of the page. All of the answers can be found here at NETSTATE Arizona.
1) What is the capital city of Arizona?
2) What famous Mexican labor leader was born in Yuma, Arizona?
a. Berta Lujan
b. Mangas Colradas
c. Cesar Estrada Chavez
3) What is the figure depicted on the Great Seal of the State of Arizona?
a. A Native American
b. A miner
c. A pioneer
4) What is the highest point in Arizona?
a. Granite Peak (12,799 feet)
b. Gannett Peak (13,804 feet)
c. Humphreys Peak (12,633 feet)
5) Who was the designer of the Arizona State flag?
a. Charles W. Harris
b. Mrs. Julia McAlmont Noel
c. Mrs. Sanford Hutchison
6) Monument Valley, home to some of the most striking land formations in the southwest, lies in what Arizona land region?
a. The Basin and Ridge Region
b. The Colorado Plateau
c. The Transition Zone
7) What is the official state fish of Arizona?
a. Apache Trout (Salmo apache)
b. Greenback Cutthroat Trout (Oncorhynchus clarki)
c. Lahontan Cutthroat Trout (Salmo clarki henshawi)
8) Which of these is a nickname for Arizona?
a. The Golden State
b. The Silver State
c. The Grand Canyon State
9) Which of these rivers does not flow through Arizona?
a. The Colorado River
b. The Gila River
c. The St. Johns River
10) What is the motto of Arizona?
a. God enriches
b. Labor conquers all things
c. Nothing without providence