Tuesday, November 01, 2011

What to do with our pumpkins?

Well, I decided to cut up our pumpkins we had...1 large one and then 4 minis that were the girlies'. I'm in the process of cooking them all up. Now, what to do with the cooked pumpkins, other than entertaining my girls with my butchery of squash ;) ?I was thinking of pureeing it either my food processor or blender and then freezing it in several baggies. I believe I can use it just like canned pureed pumpkin (NOT the canned pumpkin pie filling - I never cook with that). Paul said his mom did this with their Halloween pumpkins growing up. Martha, what did you do with the cooked pumpkins? Pumpkin pies (Paul suggested that)? More iced pumpkin cookies (Mmm! those are SOOOO good!)? A family friend mentioned her MIL making pumpkin empanadas. I've never made them before but I'd be up for the challenge ;)

Anyone else have suggestions for this orange squash?
post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I make pumpkin muffins, except I used the canned pumpkin! A spice cake mix (just the mix, don't add eggs or anything) & the can of pumpkin. Add a little bit of water if the consistency isn't right and bake in muffin tins. They're DELICIOUS!!!!! And good for you! I learned this from Weight Watchers!

The Carlsons said...

Ooo! That sounds like a great recipe! And I've been wanting to try pumpkin muffins. I also love that it is a healthy version :D

pyjammy pam said...

I was wondering the same thing, since I have several pie pumpkins. I don't really want to just purse them because I can buy that so easily. Was hoping for something savory. Will let you know if I come across any yummy ideas.

pyjammy pam said...

That should be puree, not purse. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails