Sunday, July 03, 2011

Firecracker Cake

I've seen this recipe before but this year I wanted to finally try it. It's Betty Crocker's Firecracker Red White and Blue Cake. Yum! It's super easy to make it too! Jared enjoyed helping me! Here are some pics of our fun cake creation!

My baking helper!Gotta let him have the mixer paddle to lick - Yum!Dyeing the cake batter red and blueReady to pour into the bundt panFirst red...Then white...And lastly blueBaked at 325* for ~38 minutes and..."ding!" All done baking!Next, it's frosting time. Just get a can of white frosting, divide it into 3rds, dye 1 bowl red and 1 bowl blue, nuke each bowl for ~15 seconds then drizzle over the top of the cake. Add red, white and blue sprinkles if you have them. I'm a sprinkle nut so I already had some on hand ;)Ooo! Doesn't it look so cool when cut! A small scoop of ice cream on the side.Yup, we couldn't wait for tomorrow, the 4th of July, to enjoy this yumminess! We had some for dessert after dinner this evening. This is what remains after the 7 of us had a little bit.You folks have got to try this! Super easy and cute! I've also seen some cakes made to look like rainbows, like for birthday parties and such. Way cute too! Betty Crocker had some other cute cake recipes, like this pink princess castle cake. I might just have to try that, for the girls' 4th birthday! ;)
post signature

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails