Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Monday, July 26, 2010
Jared, all smiley on our way to school. Thank goodness it was overcast and cooler this morning! Whew! ;)Not too hot for the kids to play on the "big kid" playground before the bell rang. Jared enjoys the swings :)Bell rang, the kids find their backpack in line, get lined up and are ready! Just before going in Jared gave me a timid smile and said "i'm not sad." Awe! I gave him a great big hug, a kiss on his head and said "have a GREAT day at school! have fun!!"And he did have fun! :D We praise God for our great school and for Jared's 1st grade teacher. She seems really nice and fun. Praying he has an awesome year at 1st grade! :D
Friday, July 23, 2010
Jared picked this cake for us to make for Paul's birthday. He picked it and Mama made it :) And, let's just say, it wasn't easy for Mama! Uff! But it sure did taste good - YUM! :D"Happy Birthday Dear Daddy, Happy Birthday to you!""Yay!" The kids were very cute, all clapping. Then Paul gave each of them a try at blowing out a lit candle. All did great!...and again loved clapping and yelling "yay!" ;) That's what makes Daddy so fun and special :DHappy Birthday Paul! Your 5 girlies and 1 boy LOVE you! :D
Yes, school starts back up next week. "Already?!?!?" you ask. Yes, our school district is on what they call a "modified year-round" schedule. We experienced it for the first time last year and we like it.
Last evening Jared met his new 1st grade teacher, saw his new room, new desk, new playground and new lineup location. He is excited for 1st grade! And we are excited for him! :D
Thursday, July 22, 2010
1 Corinthians 15:57 - But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.
What an awesome verse to memorize!! Here are some pictures from the VBS week.
Jared, all excited for VBS! He's wearing the "boys" shirt. The girls' shirts were the same but red. Each team got points for wearing "their color." They also earned points for reciting their memory verse and other such things.
The kids excited for worship!Yeah, that's a LOT of kids. 1090 kids to be exact!One of the challenges of the week. Again, the kids loved this.This challenge was to bob for cobs of corn among some "pig slop." Ewe! ;)It's sludge time! Boys lost! ;)Did I mention snacks too? Yeah, they got some yummy snacks for the week.Oh, and water fun too because did you know it's HOT here? Especially if you are outside? ;) Jared was so silly telling us how he got wet ;)I think this was some sort of relay raceGoing home the last evening of VBS Jared said to us “mom, can you register me for VBS for next year?” He’s ready for VBS for next year alright! Ha! ;) And maybe, MAYBE, if the girlies are 3 and potty trained by then they can join big brother in the VBS fun too! :)
We are very fortunate that we have a great church that has a great kids program! Praise God!!
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
It's very sweet. Jared always wants to hug his sisters, have them in pictures with him, help them with anything they need, eat with them, play with them, show them how to do cool big-kid things and enjoys helping me with the girlies.
In return, the girlies always look for him in the morning, say "hi jer!" at the dining table and in the van, love his hugs (as long as they aren't too tight and too long...a girl's gotta run around, you know ;) ) and enjoy giggling and joking with him. Big Brother and the 4 Sisters are very sweet with each other :D
Jared with Brielle and Bethany :DAnd Jared with Anna and Suzan :DThese 5 are just too cute!!!!! :)
Friday, July 09, 2010
The kids are getting big! They continue to be so sweet and cute, especially with each other! No, they are not angels 100% of the time but they are really good, I must say. They continue to keep us on our toes and make us laugh.
- The girlies are talking more and more these days. They like to name everyone in our family, say "bye-bye" or "hello" to anyone we meet and to either of us leaving the house and have a cute phrase of "i see you! peek-a-boo!!" (usually with open hands over their eyes ;) ).
- They are very aware of their surroundings.
- They still love their shoes and "hair" (aka Mama putting their hair in pig or pony tails ;) ).
- They care for one another by holding hands and playing "ashes, ashes" (aka Ring Around the Rosie), giving each other kisses and hugs/pats when one is crying and saying "sorry" when they hurt another's feelings.
- They share...some of the time ;) But don't like to share Mama or Daddy with another ;)
Jared is doing great too! We only have about 2.5 weeks until school starts up again. 1st grade this year! I think he is excited.
- He's been reading like crazy this summer! He is reading 1st grade, even 2nd grade, books! We go to the library weekly to get new books. He even signed up for the library's summer reading program and already finished it! Wow! I forget how many books was listed to read but it must've been something like 25+ books. He got prizes at certain points in the program. The last one, which he just got for finishing it, is book to keep and a ticket to see a Diamondbacks (baseball) game. Sweet! He is excited for it! Oh, and he continues to read books...on storms, how metal is made, about space and astronauts, any Magic School Bus book, how dams work, on electricity and on circuses.
- Speaking of the circus, he was invited to see the Ringling Brothers Circus with our next door neighbors. He was SO excited for that! We are very fortunate we have such good and generous neighbors! He had a blast with his friend, Will. He talked non-stop about the circus and how he wants us to go with him again :D And bring the girlies ;)
- Yes, he took swim lessons again this summer. Not that he can't swim but more to continue the skill. He did great! His class even went into the deep end of the pool and did some diving and treading of water. Wow!
- Our church's VBS (Vacation Bible School) starts next week. He is very excited about it! He also moved up to the school-aged Sunday school this summer. 1st grade Sunday school! We got him a new "big-kid" Bible which he loves bringing to church. I can't believe he and his class are reading passages out of the Bible already, with references and all! Wow!
Monday, July 05, 2010
Sunday, July 04, 2010
We thank God for our country, the USA, in which we have many freedoms, one of them being freedom of religion! We thank God for the men and women that proudly and bravely serve our country and help other countries gain freedoms! Ultimately, we thank God for Jesus who, through His ultimate sacrifice, gave us freedom!
Romans 8:1-2 - Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death.
Revelations 1:5b-6 - To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
I found this 3D puzzle on clearance at Pier 1 Imports. Sweet! Jared and I had a blast putting it together. I think Lady Liberty (in miniature form ;) ) will be joining us every year for Independence Day :DI think we are starting a tradition to make our world-famous decorated sugar cookies for holidays, e.g. Christmas, Valentine's Day, Easter. Yes, we even made some for Independence Day :DOoooo! All decorated and ready to eat!!U.S.A.!! :DJared and I also had fun making a unique, one-of-a-kind Independence Day shirt for him to wear. He loves it! I read about making it in my Family Fun magazine. You can read about it here.And you know I had to get a group shot of the kids :D They are looking SO big and cute, especially compared to last year and the year before. Check it out!
2004...Yes, it was just the 3 of us back then. Jared is almost 4 months old here. Little guy ;)2008...2009...This year, 2010!Our church had their own fireworks the evening of the 4th. They call it FITS, or Fire in the Sky. It was AWESOME! Ryan M, Jared and Grace M running around playing.The weather was PERFECT!Sweet Grace! :DThey had treats available for the kids...popsicles for a buckMama and Jared enjoyed the cotton candy, also for a buckOur GREAT friends! Karen M and her kids (Ryan, Baby Russell and Grace)Fireworks time! Jared insisted on wearing his sunglasses for the fireworks. He said "it will keep the ash out of my eyes." He's too silly ;) He does look pretty cool though!Oooooo!Ryan hugging on his baby brother ;)Ahhhhhh!Jared lounging around ;)
Have fun at fireworks!