The kids are getting big! They continue to be so sweet and cute, especially with each other! No, they are not angels 100% of the time but they are really good, I must say. They continue to keep us on our toes and make us laugh.
- The girlies are talking more and more these days. They like to name everyone in our family, say "bye-bye" or "hello" to anyone we meet and to either of us leaving the house and have a cute phrase of "i see you! peek-a-boo!!" (usually with open hands over their eyes ;) ).
- They are very aware of their surroundings.
- They still love their shoes and "hair" (aka Mama putting their hair in pig or pony tails ;) ).
- They care for one another by holding hands and playing "ashes, ashes" (aka Ring Around the Rosie), giving each other kisses and hugs/pats when one is crying and saying "sorry" when they hurt another's feelings.
- They share...some of the time ;) But don't like to share Mama or Daddy with another ;)
Jared is doing great too! We only have about 2.5 weeks until school starts up again. 1st grade this year! I think he is excited.
- He's been reading like crazy this summer! He is reading 1st grade, even 2nd grade, books! We go to the library weekly to get new books. He even signed up for the library's summer reading program and already finished it! Wow! I forget how many books was listed to read but it must've been something like 25+ books. He got prizes at certain points in the program. The last one, which he just got for finishing it, is book to keep and a ticket to see a Diamondbacks (baseball) game. Sweet! He is excited for it! Oh, and he continues to read books...on storms, how metal is made, about space and astronauts, any Magic School Bus book, how dams work, on electricity and on circuses.
- Speaking of the circus, he was invited to see the Ringling Brothers Circus with our next door neighbors. He was SO excited for that! We are very fortunate we have such good and generous neighbors! He had a blast with his friend, Will. He talked non-stop about the circus and how he wants us to go with him again :D And bring the girlies ;)
- Yes, he took swim lessons again this summer. Not that he can't swim but more to continue the skill. He did great! His class even went into the deep end of the pool and did some diving and treading of water. Wow!
- Our church's VBS (Vacation Bible School) starts next week. He is very excited about it! He also moved up to the school-aged Sunday school this summer. 1st grade Sunday school! We got him a new "big-kid" Bible which he loves bringing to church. I can't believe he and his class are reading passages out of the Bible already, with references and all! Wow!