Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's for dinner? Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry

When life gives you lemons you make...Lemon Chicken Stir-Fry! Ha! ;) You know I had to say that :D Well, when a complete stranger gave me a bag of lemons the other day I had to search online for lemon recipes. I found this one and OH BOY is it yummy! Seriously! Not too difficult and fussy either - Yay! Oh, and did I mention that it's healthy for you too? Yup. Even better, right? :D

First, zest your lemon. It says to use 1 tsp but I just went ahead and used all of it :DI also added probably a "teeny-weeny" bit more garlic too. Can't have too much garlic, right? ;)Then juice your lemon. Again, it says to use 3 Tbsp of the lemon juice but I went ahead and used it all. It was about 4, maybe 5, Tbsp.Whisk the lemon juice with the soy sauce, chicken broth and corn starchNext, heat your oil in the skilletAdd the chicken and cook until cooked throughTake the chicken out of the skillet and set aside on a plateAdd the mushrooms and carrots into the panCook until the carrots are just tenderAdd the snow peas, scallion whites, garlic and lemon zest. Cook for about 30 sec.Whisk the broth mixture and add to the pan; cook, stirring, until thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.Add scallion greens and the chicken; cook, stirring, until heated through, about 1 to 2 minutes.Mmmmm! Mm! Then you get this good looking yummy thing!I served it over brown rice. We are a brown rice family but you can use whatever rice you prefer.Again, what I love is that this is SUPER easy, yummy and my 5 kids LOVE it. Jared said "mmm! mom, this is REALLY good! like SO good!" Ha!

Happy Eating!
post signature

4 comments:

Betsy Gilbride said...

My mouth is watering.... I am going to try this one!! YUM.

Kimberly & Alex said...

you are awesome!

Pyjammy Pam said...

i love your recipe posts. this looks delicious! i'm going to have to try it. hopefully the boys might eat it if your girls will. :)

Anonymous said...

This looks great! I will have to print it and try it. I bet it is good and lemony with both zest and juice. Kezia likes to eat the whole rind of lemons, so I know she loves lemon stuff!

-mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails