Tuesday, April 13, 2010

What's for dinner? Brown Sugar Meatloaf

It's been a while since I've shared some worth-while recipes with you all. I thought I would share 2 recipes that I’ve made these last few weeks, both VERY yummy and kid-friendly. The first is Brown Sugar Meatloaf from All Recipes. My good friend, Karen M, made this once for me a long time ago. I had to get the recipe from her. Very yummy! What's best is my 5 kids will eat it. Like the girls always ask for seconds or thirds. Yay! :D Perhaps you already have a tried-and-true meat loaf recipe but I recommend trying this one and perhaps adding it to your recipe archives ;)

First, I know the recipe calls for a 1.5 lb chub of ground beef. Well, it always seems that my butcher packages their beef (when it's on sale!) in 2 lb chubs or perhaps even bigger like 5 lbs in their "family-size" packages. So, I've always adjusted the recipe for a 2 lb chub of ground beef. It works for me :)

Spray/lube your loaf pan and pack the brown sugar at the bottom. Then spread around the ketchup. Or is it called catsup? That's what my hubby calls it. Tomato, tomahto I guess ;)

Next, mix the ground beef with the milk, eggs, salt, ground black pepper, chopped onion, ground ginger and crushed saltine crackers.Mix it wellShape into a loaf and place on top of the ketchupBake in your oven until juices run clear. I always use Paul's instant-read thermometer to make sure it's at least 160* internally. This evening for dinner I served the meat loaf with red baked potatoes and steamed broccoli. YUM! Oh, and don't forget to pour the ketchup/brown sugar mixture from the bottom on top of your slice of meat loaf. Mmmm! Mm!Happy Eating!
post signature

1 comment:

jenn said...

i made this tonight! yummy! and o-so-easy! we had baked potatoes, aspargas stir fry veggies, and grands biscuits!
thanks for the receipe...we will be having this again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails