Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Christmas Card 2009

Man! It's been a while since I lasted blogged! :P Not much happening in our neck of the woods. Just getting ready for Christmas. YAY! Jared is super excited about Christmas and the girlies have enjoyed "redecorating" all of the Christmas decorations I have out...Ha! :D The kids are so cute and fun!

We got our family Christmas picture taken a few weeks ago. I think it turned out nice. I then created our own Christmas photo card. I had fun making it! Here it is!We might take the kids to our zoo's light show this weekend. That should be a hoot! Jared and I also might bake some yummy frosted and decorated Christmas sugar cookies. I am going to try this sugar cookie recipe this year. For some strange reason I don't have a good, reliable sugar cookie recipe in my personal cookbook. I've tried several from friends and family but haven't loved any of them. Hopefully this one is a keeper :D Check back later for pictures of our baking adventure!
post signature

4 comments:

Pyjammy Pam said...

maria, i am VERY impressed! five kids and they're all looking at the camera. i couldn't get my three to do that! :) and mostly smiling, too!

Samara said...

Maria, I have a recipe for cream cheese cut out sugar cookies. If you would like it let me know. I haven't tried it yet, but anything with cream cheese in it can't be that bad!!! Happy Baking!!

The Cochran Crew said...

Hope I have on of those precious cards in the mail on its way here! So sweet!

Nikki said...

Maria,

I also have a recipe with cream cheese in it! I wonder if it's the same as Samara's? Here is my recipe.

White Velvet Cut - Outs

2 c butter, softened
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 c sugar
2 egg yolks beaten
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 c all-purpose flour

blend together butter and cream cheese until it's nice and fluffy. Add sugar, egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually add flour. Beat until fluffy. Chill for 2 hours. Roll out on a floured surface to about 1/3 inch thickness (1/4 inch seems to thin for these) and cut into desired shapes. Place on parchment paper on cookie sheets and beake for 10-12 minutes at 350F. Let cool completely and frost.

Greg's grandma makes some really good sugar cookies but after trying this recipe I think these are better! Let me know if you use the recipe and how they turn out. I have yet to make them this year ... the next couple of days I will though.

Nikki

Related Posts with Thumbnails