Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Helping Mama bake and Happy Thanksgiving!

After lunch today, I started my Thanksgiving baking. I made 2 loaves of Pumpkin Bread and 1 Pecan Pie. YUM! I've been letting the girlies run around the house or watch PBS Kids TV shows after lunch. Today, I did the same. Well, the girlies must have thought I needed some "assistance" in my baking because they hung out in the kitchen with me the entire time. They enjoyed opening up a row of my lower cabinets. I think they pulled out my steamer/rice cooker, a pancake mix dispenser from Grandpa Carlson, some round containers from an icee maker and my cookie cutters. Ha! They were too cute! Did I get flustered with them running around, pulling things out and scattering cooking items here and there? Nope (that surprises me because I usually don't like chaos when I cook ;) ). They were my 4 cute little sous chefs :D

Suzan and AnnaBrielleBethany and Anna getting into the cabinets ;)All 4 girlies into the cabinets. Brielle, Bethany, Suzan and AnnaWe wish everyone a safe and blessed Thanksgiving! We are spending ours with my (Maria's) extended family. We're back to our family Thanksgiving tradition! Yay! :D Some of you we haven't seen since 2006. WOW!

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

The 5 kids last Thanksgiving, 2008. My, how much they have changed!! Bethany, Brielle, Anna, Suzan and Jared.
post signature

3 comments:

Bethany said...

Such cute helpers! Your blog was recommended to me through Google Reader so I thought I'd check it out-- and then I noticed one of your little ones shares my name! :)

Cassidy said...

I like their new hair cut

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you could enjoy your sous chefs. I'm guessing the 10th time they empty your cupboards you'll be looking for the door locks! I hope you have a great weekend and are able to slow down and enjoy your time away. I know that will be a challenge. I bet they'd love playing in the beach sand if you can make it there.
-mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails