Tuesday, September 22, 2009

What's for dinner? Taco Soup

This recipe comes from our good friend, Amy K. When she had her twins she said "I need some quick, easy and yummy recipes and this one is it!" And now having quads I definitely make this for dinner often ;) I don't know where she found it but I know she had a crockpot cookbook so maybe it came from there. "Fix It and Forget It" maybe?? In any case, it is quick, easy and yummy! Here is her recipe...

1 pkg. ranch dressing packet
1 pkg. taco seasoning packet
1 lb cooked ground hamburger or turkey meat
1 can rotel~next to diced tomatoes in store
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 can corn
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans

Dump them all (do not drain anything) into your crockpot and cook on low for 3-4 hours or in large pot on low on stove for at least 1-2 hours.

Yum yum!!

It's really easy because it calls for a lot of already prepared foods/veggiesAnd then some pre-packaged seasoningsI've used both ground turkey and 93% lean ground beef. They both taste the same to me. Lately though, 93% lean beef has been on cheap sale so I use that. It usually comes in a 2lb chub so I either make a double batch of Taco Soup or use 1lb for it and then the other 1lb for something else (Ahhhh! Foreshadowing of a future recipe post ;) )You do just what the recipe says and dump them all in to your crockpotMix it all around, let it sit on low for a few hours and then you have dinner!I usually serve it up with some shredded cheese and a dollop of sour cream. You can eat it like a soup with saltine crackers or I have also served it with tortilla chips. As Amy says, "Yum yum!!" :D

Happy eating!
post signature

1 comment:

Jackie said...

I found your blog by doing a search on ultrasound pictures of triplets. I am currently 8 weeks pregnant with trips and the twins are Monoamniotic. I find it very encouraging that you also had MoMo twins in your quad pregancy, as the information the Dr.s gave us last week showed that the odds were not in our favor. I would love to get your email address and get some information regarding your experiences and successful delivery of 4 healthy babies. I look forward to seeing a reply.

Related Posts with Thumbnails