Thursday, July 30, 2009

Target Toy Clearance

Thanks to a few folks (Jessica S and some folks on Triplet Connection) I was notified that Target is marking down all of their toys. In fact, it's was today. 75% off some toys, others 50% off. Apparently, Target does this twice a year, once in January and the second in July. So, today was the day for the July clearance. I took advantage of this and went toy shopping at Target this afternoon (Paul was home working while the girlies napped). I scored on some toys. Yay! This is a great way to get toys for birthdays and Christmas. $197 worth of toys for about $60 bucks. Sweet!

So, to all of you folks...go out and shop at Target! Now!! Before it's too late!!! ;)
post signature

2 comments:

Emily's Blog said...

I was in Target today and saw that the toys were on sale, but the sale wasn't in full swing yet, so it was all marked less than 50%.
Also, I've been following your blog for a while now, and was wondering why your city starts school in July? In my city, the kids don't start till the middle to late of Aug. and get out the first week of June. I've never heard of a school starting so early, but I'm glad he's enjoying it!
Emily

The Carlsons said...

Emily, our school district here is on a "modified year round" schedule. It's a new thing, especially for me. So, he will be in school for 8 or 10wk and then have a 2wk break, then 8 to 10wk again and another 2wk break. And so on and so on. It basically falls in line with their quartering of the year, e.g. have a quarter and then have a break.

I don't know why, exactly, our school district chose to go year round. Probably some research or cost savings they reviewed. Not all of the districts here in state, or even city to city here, are year round. Some schools go back in the second or third week of August. Ours is just one of the early ones, I guess ;)

Hope this answers your question!

Related Posts with Thumbnails