Friday, June 12, 2009

Blessings...count them one by one

So, the other night a friend from church and I went to a Girlfriends Divine Creations event. Divine Creations is a group of women from our church that get together and make decor items for the home. It sounded fun to me! Well, not that I have ever made anything to hang up or decorate our home with but hey, I can always try ;)

So she and I carpooled to the event and made these...

Mine, hanging up in our hallway when you come in to the family room

A close up of itI think it turned out great! There were three options for the vinyl sayings...1) "Blessings count them one by one," 2) "Believe with all your heart" and 3) "Be still and know that I am God." I liked all three, especially the Blessings and Be still, but my heart told me to go with the Blessings one. It fits our family and me...thanking God for the 6 blessings (and many more, with all my friends and family out there :) ) He has given to me. Praise God!

The group meets once a month and the projects and prices vary (this one was only $20 - Wow!). The women that organized the event are very talented. I look forward to the next one next month! It's also a good "get out of the house and chat with women" time too :D
post signature

4 comments:

Jen said...

That is really awesome Maria! It doesn't look homemade at all!

Jac Tubre said...

I love it!!!

Kimberly & Alex said...

that is really nice!

Nik said...

Maria - that turned out really nice! And that you made it makes it even better!

Related Posts with Thumbnails