Friday, April 10, 2009

A Trip to the Zoo

Well, we finally did it. We took the girls to the zoo! Yay! Our first REAL outing out with the girls! I have been talking about it, here at home, for the last few weeks. It was a fun trip out with the 5 kids. The girls did awesome! No fussing. No crying. No meltdowns. Yay! Jared did excellent too. He enjoyed pointing out all of the animals (and their sounds) to the girls. I heard a lot of "come here girls! look!!" from him. He was too cute :)

I have to point out that I did not take the kids out by myself. We had Mary, who helps us some mornings, come with me. Us ladies had a fun time and definitely got our workout, pushing those strollers up and down the zoo's hilly paths :D FYI...I took our two double strollers. That way Mary and I could each have two girls to push. This also reduced the amount of comments and looks we got (versus pushing around our quad Runabout stroller). I think we got maybe one comment in the 2 hours we were there. That was it. I was surprised we didn't get more comments.

I planned our outing the day before, getting everything out and ready (diaper bag, snack bag, my bag, van keys, camera, hats, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc., etc.). Yeah, I usually take 24 hours beforehand to plan and pack everything for any outing with the girls :) We fed the girls earlier than usual so we could be on the road 45 minutes before the zoo opened. We got there with 10 minutes to spare. Excellent! We spent 2 hours at the zoo. The girls missed their morning nap but as I mentioned before, they were SO good to us. Yay! Thanks girls! We looked at a lot of the animals, e.g. giraffes, lions, tigers, tortoises, monkeys and orangutans, rhinos, bears, birds. We took a little snack break at the elephant exhibit. The girls enjoyed their snacks and so did Jared. Then we walked around some more, let Jared play at the play ground/area and then it was time to head home for lunch and school for Jared. It was a fun time and we will be making more trips to the zoo in the near future (hopefully before it gets blazing hot here ;) )!!

Here are some pictures of our zoo trip.

Suzan, Brielle, Jared, Anna and Bethany, ready to go in to the zooBethany, Anna, Suzan and Brielle with the GiraffesJared in the Giraffe lookoutJared with the Sumatran Tiger (okay not "with" but more "way, way, way in front" of the Tiger ;) )Bethany with the Orangutans (in background)Jared, Bethany, Anna, Suzan and Brielle at the Aldabra Tortoise exhibitA Parrot, or was it a Macaw?, that we sawSnack break time! Anna...Bethany (she liked that her Cheerios were right in front of her, in the little tray - Ha!)Brielle...it looks like she's chillin' here ;)Suzan...And Jared enjoying his snack. You know you have to bring a jumbo bag of Cheerios to the zoo ;)
post signature

4 comments:

jag said...

Now this looks like a great day! I have to tell ya' Brielle's hair is SOOOO precious! Every picture melts my heart. I try to fluff Jilly's up like that after baths, but it doesn't have quite the volume. I love it!

Jac Tubre said...

Looks like fun! I wish I lived closer so we could join you!!

Jac

Anonymous said...

Looks like a great time! I'm glad you were able to make this outing.

I need a lot of time to prepare if we go anywhere too! Diapers stocked in the bag, snacks, extra clothes, appropriate coats or hats. That worked nice for your strollers and the cheerios. I think this is the first I've seen the girls with sippy cups? I use those same cups with Evelyn. When her hand is slimed up with food, she can still pick up the cup by the handles.

-mary

Anne said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Glad you got to go on your first "official" outing with the girls.

Related Posts with Thumbnails