Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The girls make their debut!

More from the day the Suzan, Anna, Bethany and Brielle were born. Oh, how we remember it clearly!!

March 4th, 2008 (32.3 weeks): The c-section was okay. The scariest part was my uterus kept bleeding. The docs noticed this when they were getting ready to close up. As it turns out, my uterus had developed a rupture at the upper back, due to me carrying quads. If we didn't deliver when we did, my uterus would have ruptured. Eeek! So they had to give me 2 units of blood due to me bleeding out and about 11 liters of IV fluids to keep my blood pressure up. Ack! And then they watched me to make sure the bleeding stopped or else I would have to undergo a c-hysterectomy. Oh my goodness! I still have my uterus but it had to be cut horizontal and vertical and then have the rupture fixed. Praise God that my water broke when it did and we delivered when we did, or else things could have gone much worse.

So here are the stats on the girls...
born 3/4 at 9:48AM, 9:49AM, 9:50AM, 9:51AM
baby a (Suzan) - 3lb 13 oz - 17"
baby b (Anna) - 4lb 3oz - 16"
baby c (Bethany) - 4lb 11oz - 16"
baby d (Brielle) - 3lb 9oz - 17"

They all started off breathing room air. None of the girls had to be intubated. We're thinking Suzan and Brielle are the identicals
(Ha! How WRONG we were ;) ) They are in the NICU and will probably be there for 4 to 5 weeks (a guesstimate).

Pictures from the BIG, BIG, BIG, BIG day!

Maria, right before the c-section (boy, do I look lovely :P )
During the c-section. Paul joked about a pool of blood migrating its way towards his feet. Ha!...EWE! :PSuzan, at birth. As we would find out later, it was she that broke her water. Guess she got tired of being stuck at the bottom and really, really, really wanted to get out and finally see Dad, Mama and Big Brother. A little stinker then and still a little stinker now :DAnna, at birth (with her CPAP on)Bethany, at birthAnd Brielle, at birthAnd now the cutie girls at year older!!!!I will post more 1st birthday pictures later, with more 1st shirts and hats. They are pretty cute! :D Check back soon!
post signature

6 comments:

Jaycee said...

Aw man, they are just too darn cute! And lucky you, One epidural. When I had my four, they attempted an epi on me 5 times. Talk about some pain. But these kids are so worth it, aren't they?? You have beautiful girls and a beautiful family.

Moni Graf said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday to four precious little girls! I am so glad I'm getting to know you (even if it is just behind a computer screen).

Maria, Paul and Jared....congrats on surviving their 1st year. It's because of you they are THRIVING!

Love you all,
Moni

Misty said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Love the pics!
Congrats to MOm & Dad! Woohoo!!!`

Anne said...

Happy 1st Birthday, precious little girls! My how you have grown over this last year. Have lots of fun with your birthday cake, presents, and being with mommy, daddy, and big brother. Can't wait to see what the next year brings :) Lots of love!

Anonymous said...

Love that one year picture! It made me laugh it is so fun!

love,
mary

Aimee said...

Hi Maria and family!
I've enjoyed watching your precious ones grow the last year! What an awesome testimony your family is to the goodness of God and the sanctity of life. May God continue to bless you all. I really enjoy checking in on you all from time to time....take care. Aimee Janca

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails