Wednesday, February 18, 2009

One year ago - needing strength near the end

A year ago I had two weeks left before our four little precious girls would make their arrival. Wow! (now, it's two weeks before they turn a year old!!) A year ago I was nearing the end but my body and heart were heavy...heavy with the stress of carrying four babies, heavy worrying about how the girls would do in the NICU and thereafter, heavy about the BIG life changes awaiting me, my husband and son. It was during this time that I turned to the Bible, to God, for strength. He is the only one that could carry me, the babies, Paul and Jared through this. He is the only one that could comfort my heavy heart and body. He is the only one that could calm my worries and fears. So I went through my Bible and found verses that spoke to me. I knew God and His Word would give me strength.

Maria at 30 weeks and 2 days on 2/18/08 (a year ago). Man! Just look at that tummy!!I share these verses in the hopes that it would give you comfort. Everyone goes through a trial at some point (or many points) in his or her life. It doesn't have to be a quadruplet pregnancy in which you are being stretched physically, emotionally and spiritually. Trials come in many shapes and sizes.

Psalm 104:1 - Praise the Lord, O my soul. O Lord my God, You are very great; you are clothed with splendor and majesty.

Psalm 62:5-8 - Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Isaiah 40:29-31 - He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

Luke 12:24-26 - Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?

2 Corinthians 12:9-10 - But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Philippians 4:13 - I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

I thank God for His Word, the Book He left and gave to us to live and survive by. It's the best "help book" by far!
post signature

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing these verses, Maria. I think I should print them and stick them on the wall to help us all face today's economy.

-mary

Anne said...

Jeremiah 29:11 - my life verse. God used that verse is SO many ways in my life when I was a single mom for nearly 7 years..and he used it as I prepared for my marriage to Larry (Meyer) nearly 3 years ago (3/25). Thank you for posting it here...it's always nice to "see" that little reminder!

Related Posts with Thumbnails