Saturday, January 03, 2009

Meeting fellow quad mamas

It's weird, once you are in the "multiples mommy" group, especially with quads, then you begin to meet lots of other fellow multiples mommies. I've come to meet/know lots of other quad moms...Misty, Stephanie, Jayne, Casey, Moni, Sandra, Suz, Jen M, Gen, Jac, Cintya, Brandy, Jenna, Jenn K, Kim (did i miss anyone? sorry if i did ;) ) It's a funny club, if you want to call it that.

In any case, it is a joy to meet these fellow quad mamas. It's also a joy to meet moms that are pregnant with quads. We've come into contact with a few here in town, either living locally or "visiting" AZ for the quad-experienced doctors and hospital. We met with Kami C and her husband a LONG time ago, when she was about 12 or 13 weeks pregnant. We were able to share our experience caring for (and for me, carrying and delivering) quadruplets. She recently delivered her quads, 3 girls and 1 boy, nearly a week ago! Then, just last Monday we met with Dafna, a mom carrying 3 boys and 1 girl, and her husband to show them around our "life with quads." That was fun! Then again just today, we met with Kami L, carrying 3 boys (identical!) and 1 girl, and her husband, again to show them around our quad abode. Scripture talks about us sharing the comfort that we have received from God with others...

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God."(2 Corinthians 1:3-4)

So we feel it a blessing that 1) God gave us these four precious babies to care for and love but also that 2) we can share what we have gone through in having these little girls. Just like God said!

As a side note, I thought I'd mention something funny and only a "God-thing." Reading about Kami L's quad pregnancy I thought "hm...how far along is she? wait! i think she might be where i was a year ago!" As it turns out, yes Kami's due date is 4/26/09, exactly like mine (4/26/08) just a year later. Ha! So funny! So she and I have something else in common there :)

Thank you mamas for your walk in this parenting life with quadruplets! And thank you to the pregnant quad mamas that we can share and encourage you with what God has taught and brought us through!

post signature

6 comments:

jag said...

I loved this post! I feel so blessed to be a quad mom and to have my fellow quad mamas to share the joy with. You have all been inspirational and so supportive. Thanks for posting about this unique and special relationship! I also think it's great that whenever someone finds a new or soon to be multiples mom in blog land, we help the rest of the crew meet them.

Cochran Quads said...

I honestly don't think I could have made it through my pregnancy and the first few weeks of the NICU without all you fellow quad moms cheering me on emotionally and inspirationally!

Moni Graf said...

Well-stated, Maria! It's been a pleasure getting to know you, too. It's quite a dynamic relationship. I wish I had realized earlier on how many HOM families there were and how easy it is to get in contact with them. I feel so blessed to have had the Tubre's in PHX with us, going through much of the same things. And to think it was all by chance (by chance, I mean by God) that we ever met!

Thanks again for posting this.

Love,
Moni

Kami Lambe said...

Thanks Maria for inviting us into your beautiful home! We had a great time and really enjoyed seeing the girls in action! I would also like to thank all you other HOM moms for your support and encouragement. You guys are awesome!
Love,
Kami

Misty said...

I think that is awesome that you have opened your home to all the quad mommies! I know when we were in PHX, Jane Crandal & Stephanie Mast did the same for us. And like Moni & Jac, the other quad family who delivered while we are there are still some of our closest friends! It is an amazing world!
We all definitely need to stick together!

The Gerwer Babies said...

Seriously, i dont know where i would be with out my girls (quad moms)! I think we are the best support for eachother. I mean, who better than someone that KNOWS!!
So glad we are friends and look forward to sharing so many more experiences with you and the girls and jared!! And visiting you in October!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails