Monday, September 01, 2008

What's cookin' in the kitchen?

We thought about getting a play kitchen for the girls to play with in the new play room, for when they got older. Well, thanks to good timing and to the emails we receive from our local mothers-of-multiples group, we were lucky enough to purchase a Step2 LifeStyle Deluxe Kitchen. It's awesome (and in excellent condition)! It's fully equipped, with a microwave, stove (or cook top), oven, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, kitchen sink and then all of the accouterments that come with a kitchen. Jared and I loved finding all of the buttons and sounds the kitchen makes, like sizzling and bubbling sounds when you put a skillet or pot on the stove or the beeps of the microwave, oven and dishwasher. Awesome!Jared (and I must say, I, too :) ) has had fun playing with and exploring the kitchen. We've made breakfast (pancakes, strawberry muffins), lunch (spaghetti), dinner (vegetable soup and bread) and dessert (chocolate cake, ice cream) in the kitchen. Sometimes I made the meals and sometimes Jared did. Jared and I have also shared the responsibility of cleaning up and doing the dishes. Hey, it's teaching him too ;) ! Now, just imagine what four little girls will do in this kitchen! Yup, lots of tea and finger foods :)

Jared checking out the vegetablesShowing me the kitchen sink and light overheadJared checking out the pots and pans under the sinkGetting out the utensils

2 comments:

Misty said...

Love it! I want one!!!!! Oh, I mean the girls want one! :)
Love the pics and I"m so glad to see them all doing so well.
What sizes are the girls in now?

Anonymous said...

That's our kitchen, too! That's great if you got a deal on it. Evelyn is starting to enjoy the kitchen and once in a while pushes a button. She is starting to enjoy pulling stuff out of the bins, too. I'm glad you got this!

-mary

Related Posts with Thumbnails