Wednesday, September 24, 2008

One year ago - 9 weeks with quads and already showing

Crazy to think just a year ago, around 9/24/07, I was 9 weeks pregnant with our quadruplet girls. People thought I was crazy when I said I was already showing but pictures don't lie...

Ah, little did I know back then HOW big my belly would get ;)

It was also around this time that we got our first "group" picture of the girls. From this picture, Anna and Bethany (the identicals) are sharing the sac at the bottom and then Suzan and Brielle are at the top (don't ask me which is which ;) ). Their "locations" in the uterus would shift over the course of the pregnancy and Suzan would end up at the bottom, Anna and Bethany off to the center right and Brielle at the top left.

From this ultrasound appointment we also learned that we had, at one point, FIVE babies! We saw that there was a fourth, yet empty, sac. Sadly, the fifth one didn't make it.

Now, these four precious little girls are almost 7 months old, laughing, rolling around and eating green beans and peas at the table. How much can happen in one year!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! My friend was like this near 6 months old and she was pregnant with twins!! I hope the girls and Jared are well, it's been a while since you put pictures of them :(
Have a Nice Day
Emilie

Lyndsey said...

Hello Carlson Family !@ I am a fellow HOM mom with seven kids including almost five year old quints, delivered by Dr. Elliott at Good Sam back in 2003. I hope you and your family are doing well and may God Bless each of you.

The Denny Family
www.dennydozen.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello i am currently prego with quads (3 girls, 1boy) and have a 6 year old daughter. just wanted to say hello and check in with another mom of quads. I also live in arizona in glendale. were there any resources u found helpful for ur girls that may be of help to me.

smithsecora@yahoo.com

Related Posts with Thumbnails