Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One year ago - we're pregnant!

Ah, how time flies. It was exactly a year ago, on 8/20/07, that Paul and I found out I was finally pregnant. Oh, how excited we were! We were so thrilled and were praising God for what he had done! Little did we know HOW pregnant I was ;)

Here is what I journaled on that day...

August 20th, 2007 (4 weeks along): It was an anxious Monday morning. Today is the day we find out if I am pregnant or not. I went in for a blood test at the doctor's office and was told they would call me back in the afternoon. So I waited. Well, I didn't have to wait long because a few hours later they called. I was so nervous and shaky picking up the phone. I knew immediately who it was. The nurse said "Well, I have some good news for you." I said "You do?!" And then I started laughing...and laughing and kept laughing. She said "Yes, you are pregnant." Woo hoo!! I was so excited and relieved to hear that! Paul found out right then and there too. The one thing that kept us thinking was how high my beta hCG test results were. They were 1098 on Monday and then 2746 two days later. Those are pretty high blood levels and so we wondered how pregnant I really was ;) We praised God for this miracle that He had finally given to us!

5 comments:

Tubre Quads said...

So awesome that you recorded that!

Congrats on the 4 beauties!

Jac

Tubre Quads said...

Happy Helmet Graduation Day!

Anonymous said...

It's great that you share your story with us :) Is it today that Bethany and Anna are taking off their helmet ?
Can wait to see new pictures !!! :)
Have a Nice Day !
Emilie

The Gerwer Babies said...

That is so sweet! Doesnt it feel just like yesterday :) What an amazing day

The Gerwer Babies said...

Hey girl,
I need to get your email so we can just email back and fourth, my be easier :)
Okay, so regarding food. I introduced it to them twice right at 4 months adjusted age. and they didnt do well. So i stopped. I tried again in a week, still didnt go well (when i say try, i tried it once a day, two days in a row). Then i tried it this last week at almost 5 months adjusted age and they did great. Its like it clicked. I didnt want to push. i was going to wait ti lthey were 6 months adjusted age but they seemed bored with bottles, still do so i tried it. I am still just doing one feed of rice cereal a day and ia m not making them finish or anything. i just do about 10 - 15 rounds with it. i introduced peas about three days ago with the rice cereal and it went pretty well. I will do this for another two days and then i will probably try green beans. Well see. I know there is no rush, but two of my kids love it and i like doing it. I think its easier than bottles, my opinion anyways. I know i will say something different when they do finger foods (many months away :))
Let me know waht you decide to do.

Related Posts with Thumbnails