Sunday, July 27, 2008

Wall-e with Jared

Thanks to some very nice family members watching the girls for us (thanks Jayson and Lisa! - yes, I said Jayson :P ), Paul and I took Jared out to the movies. It was our very first time taking him to the movie theaters. I know, that's sounds crazy. He has gone with some friends/family members of ours to the movies before - once with Jayson and Lisa to the IMAX theater to see "The Polar Express" and then with our friend, Terri, to see "Horton Hears a Who." But he hasn't gone to the movies with either or both of us. It was so fun to see him sitting in the big seats, munching on some popcorn (I shared with him - yum!) and enjoying the movie.

Wall-e was the feature presentation. I figured he'd like to see it, as he and I will sit together and watch the clips from the official Wall-e website. Just seeing him laugh and enjoy the clips at the site told me "take him to the theater to see the actual movie!" It was a cute little movie. As folks, who had already seen it, told us it is a "green" movie. And there were some jokes in the movie that little kids wouldn't get, like the urban legend that twinkies and cockroaches will live/last forever. Ha! Disney/Pixar always does a great job...other favorites of ours are "Finding Nemo" and "Cars" (yeah, if you know Jared, then you know he LOVES "Cars" ;) ).

It was a good movie and a great time to treat our son!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures.I hope all is well. Lots of love to your family.

Barb and Alan Perkins

Related Posts with Thumbnails