Friday, May 09, 2008

Peanut Butter Story

I had a funny conversation with Jared today while we were eating a mid-morning snack. I think I dug myself into a hole with the conversation. Paul agrees ;) Here it goes...

Jared, Paul and I are eating a snack of trail mix, that we purchased from Costco the other day. Somehow we start talking about peanut butter. I tell Jared "See these peanuts? You could make peanut butter out of them by squishing them." What does Jared do? He tries to make peanut butter by pinching the peanuts between his fingers. So then I tell the guy "Well Bud, you can't squish them with your fingers. You'd have to have a big and strong machine to squish them and make peanut butter." Jared then tells me "Mama, I have a good idea! Let's tell the post office guy to bring us a big, strong machine to squish the peanuts!" I respond with "Oh Jared, that kind of machine is very expensive and we don't have a lot of money to purchase one." I'm thinking "Okay, I think I got him there. End of story." Nope :P Jared tells me and Paul "Dad, I know. I have a lot of money in my lion bank downstairs. We can use my money to buy the big machine!" Oh great :P Jared also tells us "I will save all of my peanuts here so that we can make peanut butter with the big machine!" Paul and I tell him "We'll see Jared. I don't know if we will get a big peanut butter making machine." So then, just this afternoon, Paul sees a wadded up paper towel in the fridge. He asks me "What is this?" We look inside and see that it's all of those peanuts Jared is saving for the peanut butter making machine. Paul gives me one of those looks and I tell him "Great! What did I get us in to??" Ha!

Just had to share this cute little story involving our cute little boy :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goes to show that big head habors a really big thinker. How cute. Shows he's really listening and thinking. Is there a way you can make homemade peanut butter with a strong blender? He would love that, mix it with some honey to go on his toast.Love G. Carlson

Kattelman Family said...

That is hilarious. What a smart little boy. They come up with funniest ideas.

Anonymous said...

BTW, if youget a few minutes or it comes up again, you can make peanut butter with a food processor.

Related Posts with Thumbnails