Monday, March 03, 2008

Moved and on Mag again

A quick post...well, Dr. Strong, the PPA attending doc, didn't like the way I looked this morning. He said my reflexes were too brisk, I had too much edema or fluid retention (I've lost my ankles :( ) and some of my PIH labs are going up. In other words, the preeclampsia is rearing its ugly head. Soooo, with that he moved me from antepartum to ancillary or next to labor and delivery and the OR rooms. He said "that way we can monitor you 24x7 now and react fast." Plus, he put me back on an IV of Magnesium Sulfate (2g/hr) for the preeclampsia.

So, that's where I'm at. Now, we wait and see...how the preeclampsia progresses, how it affects my body and how it affects the babies. I did see the girls today, for my daily heart tone ultrasound, and they were quite wiggly, just like Big Brother - ha! It's good to see they are doing well.

We'll keep everyone posted!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails