Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Pray for us!

I am currently typing this at Good Sam, our hospital. Apparently, my 24-hour test for pre-eclampsia came back high :( So, my docs said "go to the hospital and be admitted for observation." That was yesterday (Tuesday) at 4:00PM. Good news is they ran some blood work here at the hospital and my liver enzymes and platelet levels came back normal. The bad news is my blood pressure is going up, e.g. 142 or 144/65 :( That with my abnormal 24-hour pre-e test means I have to stay here. They are giving me two steroid shots to help the babies' and their lungs develop. Thank goodness I'm not on any pre-term labor meds or continuous contraction monitoring, as it stinks to be hooked up to all those things.

Please pray for us, especially for me in dealing with being admitted to the hospital. We knew this was a possibility but I am resisting it. We thought I could be here for a few days but talking to the doc today, he said "you're here from here on out. we want to watch you and the babies." Blech! Pray for our quad girls, that they would continue to develop and be in utero for as long as possible, e.g. 4 to 6 weeks more weeks. I had an ultrasound today and they all look great - good heart rates and weights between 2lbs 13 oz and 2lbs 8oz. Pray for Paul and Jared in being away from me (and me away from them!) and them traveling to and from the hospital to see me.

We appreciate your prayers!!!!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ugh..sorry Maria. But look at ALL that time you did have at home that most MOM don't get. Have Paul bring in some of our favorite things from home to make your hospital room as cozy as possible..I remember hearing that from other MOM's. Make simple thank you notes for the future help you will be getting, simple scrapbooks that you just have to throw the pictures in, read She Calls Me Daddy too. ;o) I'll come for a visit soon!

Amy K.

The Texas Trio said...

I check in from time to time. I know you are disappointed to be in the hospital, but I do pray that it is for the long-haul and hope that your are "uncomfortable and bored" :) for at least another 4 weeks!

Hang in there! I know that God is watching over the 5 of you and it must be comforting for you to know that as well.

You are going on our babies prayer board first thing tomorrow!

Mom to triplets

Nikki said...

I'm sorry to hear that your in the hospital now. At least they will be able to keep an eye on things and be able to monitor what's going on.

We'll keep you in our prayers. Take care of you.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital from here on out. I'm glad you were home longer than you thought you might be. The doctors will be able to take the best care of you from where you are now. I've been thinking how the end is coming quickly for you. Although it is always faster not being the one super pregnant. We love you! Try to keep that upbeat spirit I've been admiring all this time.

-mary

Anonymous said...

Oh Maria. I am sorry you got news you didn't like. But, it sounds like you are under great care and that's what's most important. In three months, when you are awake for 72 hours at a time, you will be wishing for the quiet solitude of the hospital. LOL! Hang in there!!!! You are doing amazing!

Dawn

Choate Family said...

You are doing great Maria! You are all definitely in my prayers, keep your chin up.

Taryn

mynameismomma said...

I'm sorry you're in the hospital now, but I'm amazed you made it as long as you did at home. The 5 of you must be so healthy! I hope the girls stay in for at least another month. Good luck, we're thinking of you and keep us updated!

Anonymous said...

By the way..did you guys ever figure out middle names for your little ladies. I'm sure you got tons of wonderful ideas thrown at ya. Can I bring you anything???

Amy K.

Aimee said...

Hi Maria,
I'm sorry you're on bedrest at the hospital, BUT at least you're at a great hospital with wonderful staff. I had my daughter there and was really impressed with all of the staff. BTW, my mom works in the learning center and said she met you the other day. Praying for your precious miracles. ~Aimee J.

raleighncquadmom said...

Maria~
I have four healthy baby girls that will be 7 months on the 11th!! I was able to keep them til 33 weeks exactly and they were 4.8,4.6,4.2 and 3.13 pounds!! It looks like you are 29 weeks and 5 days which is when quads are normally born....anyday you can keep is even better!!!! If you have ANY questions please email..

Anonymous said...

Thank you all for being so good to Maria. I know she is a great girl, and doing everything her doctors ask, but your wishes and love for her and the babies are what keep her going. Thank you again so much.

Related Posts with Thumbnails