Tuesday, February 12, 2008

One week down

Well, it's been one week in the hospital. So far, things have gone well. Yes, there have been some sleepless nights (thanks to the continuous contraction monitoring, the Terb, the unexpected news of severe preeclampsia and having to put a Mag IV in at 4AM) but the nurses and PPA docs here are taking great care of me. And thanks to the Lord and answers to prayers, I am doing much better adjusting to being in the hospital. The Lord is my strength and my refuge!

My docs check me daily. I have daily blood work, to check on my liver, kidneys, platelets, etc. I have daily ultrasounds, to check on the babies' heart tones. I have 2x/week biophysical ultrasounds on the babies. So for now, we take it day by day. Yesterday, my labs came back great so that was good. But I'm sure once something changes my docs will say "okay, time to schedule your c-section for delivery." We've heard delivery could be "this week," "in the next couple of days," etc. So we see what each day the Lord brings.

We'll try to keep everyone posted on what's happening here!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Praying for your precious babies. It sounds like you're in good hands at the hospital and we know that our Lord is watching over you and the ladies.

Anonymous said...

How are you feeling on the Mag? I still hope to make it over to see you on Friday...do you need anything???

Hugs,
Amy K.

~Denise~ said...

Keeping you in my thoughts. I've had preeclampsia with both my pregnancies, and was on mag for the first.

Wishing your family the best!

Denise

PS. found your blog via a google alert I have set for PE.

Anonymous said...

Maria..if you get this comment, would you please email me directions to the hospital from the 10? I'm guessing your or Paul have this part down pat and I've never been. Thanks and I look forward to seeing you...are the twins allowed in your room??

Hugs,
Amy

Related Posts with Thumbnails