Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Feeling Good

Yes, I am feeling good. It just dawned on me how close I am to 32 weeks. Today marks 31w4d. Yay! So I am very close to 32, which my docs say is "full term" for quads. And I know if I make it to 32 weeks with no issues that they will push me for one more day, then another, and another, and so on, and so on. Oh, I pray that God will hold my body together for another week or so. It's all Him doing the work!

Today I get another growth ultrasound. It will be fun to see how big these ladies are ;) They run the growth u/s only every 3 weeks. Three weeks ago the girls weighed between 2lbs 8oz and 2lbs 13oz. I figure they are in the 3lb range now...but it would be so cool to find out they are in the upper 3lb range. Ufff, 3lbs+ would mean 12lbs+ of babies. And Jared was a 10lb baby. Yup, God must've known my body could handle this multiple pregnancy :)

Also, it just dawned on me how much non-NICU time we've received for the babies. I've heard that starting at 30 weeks, each day the babies stay in utero means 3 days they don't have to be in the NICU. So going on today, that would mean we've received 30 days of non-NICU time (10 days past 30 weeks X 3 days = 30 days they don't have to be in the NICU). That's a whole month! Woo hoo! How cool is that?! And if I can make it one, or even two, more weeks until delivery, that would mean 21 to 42 extra days. Very cool!

So we still wait. I'm really hoping and praying I can make it to at least 32 weeks. That would be awesome! I know "nothing is impossible with God." He can do it!

5 comments:

Choate Family said...

Ohhhhh I can't wait to see pics of these baby girls!! I have been following you every step of the way through your blog . . . I love it!! That's awesome how far you've made it, I know Heavenly Father definitely has His hand in this special time in your life.

~Taryn

Jen said...

Wow that's amazing about the figures on days not having to stay in the NICU! I'm so overjoyed with how God has so truly blessed you guys with this pregnancy and how much he's given to you in strength to carry these precious little ones. Can't wait to hear how big they've gotten!

Jen Heptinstall :o)

Aimee said...

Very cool, indeed!
I admire your wonderful & godly attitude. Keep up the great work!! Praying God continues to hold you and your little ladies close!!

Anonymous said...

You are a walking testimony of the power of prayer!! I am going to try for Friday to come visit you. I hope Sadie is better by then. ;o)

My twins were born at 35 weeks and 3 days and didn't spend one day in the hospital more than me. Your girls will be stronger than if they were boys, so way to go!!!

Hugs,
Amy K.

amy said...

congrats on the 8th anniversary! what a special friend and husband paul is for you! so glad you have each other! but, i can't believe its been 8 years. are you sure? that means we were at ASU together over 10 years ago...whoa...wait a minute...i'm starting to feel really old! how does time go so fast?!

also, just sending some love to you and the girls. that i so awesome to think of all that NICU time you've cut down on. what a HUGE blessing! its also crazy to think about all those pounds of babies. my sister had twins at 8lbs and 7 lbs each---full term. that was 15 pounds of baby and she's a smaller build like you, so i know you can do 12! (hee hee)--that was meant to be encouraging ;P

Related Posts with Thumbnails