Thursday, January 31, 2008

Good for Two Weeks

At my appointment this week the doctor ran a Fetal Fibronectin Test (FFN) again, as my last one was two weeks old. We just got news that it came back negative, which is good. That means we have perhaps a 1% chance of pre-term delivery occuring in the next two weeks. So hopefully this means we have a 99% chance of keeping these girls in utero until at least 29.4 weeks! Yay! My doctors really utilize the FFN test for high order multiple (HOM) or high-risk pregnancies. So if they are confident in it, so am I :)

Now, I could deliver for other reasons, one big one being pre-eclampsia. Because I am a HOM pregnant woman means I am at a much, much higher risk of developing pre-e. But again, my docs are the best and are watching me like a hawk. In fact, they are having me currently undergo a 24-hour test to see if pre-e is occuring or not. I pray that the test comes back negative and that the babies and I are safe from pre-e! You don't want to get pre-e. It's nasty and is very life threatening, to mom and babies. And the only cure is to deliver, no matter what the gestation age. Plus, the effects of pre-e can linger with mom postpartum. But I trust in God and his plan for us, no matter what happens!

Some other tests they are running: checking for anemia and gestational diabetes (again, both are at a higher risk to occur with HOM pregnancies) and checking my thyroid levels, as I have hypothyroidism, which is under control with medication. It will be good to see what these tests come back with. Thank goodness these can be treated for withmeds and such!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are such a walking God thing. Keep doing what you are doing and I bet you easily make it to 32 weeks or beyond. Everday those babies are tucked safely inside is 3 less days in the NICU.

Hugs..Amy K.

Aimee said...

So glad to see this wonderful update! You're doing great, praise God.

Related Posts with Thumbnails