Monday, December 24, 2007

Merry Christmas 2007!

We wish everyone a blessed and safe Christmas this year! For us, it will be a low-key Christmas, as you could expect. We'll have my mom, Paul's cousin and his cousin's wife and my nephew and sister over for Christmas lunch.

Jared has enjoyed this Christmas season. He tells us every time we get out in the car at night "i have an idea!! let's look at the Christmas lights in our neighborhood." Ha! He has also enjoyed making cookies with Grammy and Mommy, singing (and dancing) to Christmas music (just this morning, in fact :) ), talking about Jesus' birth and Jesus being in his heart and counting down to Christmas with our Advent Christmas tree.

These four girls are wiggling much stronger lately. I can differentiate between which one is kicking/rolling. I think babies C (down low in my uterus) and D (on my left side) play footsies sometimes ;) And babies A and B (the identicals, on my right side) like to play with my ribs or something :P Ha! Paul said he read that in four weeks their wiggling will go from "awe, that's so cute that they're moving" to "oh please, quit hurting me." Nevertheless, it's fun to feel them move around.

Paul gave me a Christmas present to open early. As it turns out, it's a CD set of Handel's Messiah! Yay! So currently, I am listening to it in our laptop as I type ;) It reminds me of my high school and college days of playing the Messiah. Wonderful music! It also reminds me of what Christmas is and what it means to me and my family. I praise God that He loved us so much that he humbled Himself to come as a baby, one of us, in the flesh yet still God. And that Jesus gave us freedom, freedom from being separated from God, freedom from death. I pray that we can all remember who Jesus was, is, and is to come! I leave you with this (in fact, it's currently being played on my Messiah CD)...

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails