Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Prayers needed for the Quads

Well, I went in for an unscheduled ultrasound on Monday and the doctors found a big clot in my uterus :( Thank goodness (and Praise God!) that the babies are doing well - lots of movement, great heartbeats and looking good. But this clot could really hurt them, e.g. make me miscarry one or all of them or put me into pre-term labor :( So, the only remedy for this clot is to be on bed rest and pray, hope and wait for the clot stop bleeding, shrink and get re-absorbed back into my body.

This bed rest means NO getting up for anything except for potty breaks, a shower and to go to doctor's office visits. Really, we don't want to move this clot and make it worse. We want me to stay still and let the thing shrink and go away. Pray that that would happen!! Thank goodness, also, that I am not in any pain or anything. I think I've started to experience round ligament pain but that's about it. No pain on the side (left) that the clot is on. Praise God! Plus, I haven't had any really bad bleeding, which is another good sign. Praise God again!!

So, I am stuck on our sofa/bed probably for the rest of my pregnancy. Right now I am 12.5 weeks pregnant and we (us and the doctors) want me to make it to at least 32 weeks. So figure that I'm on bed rest for the next 20 weeks or ~5 months. Wow. And some of that bed rest at the end of the pregnancy will probably be hospitalized bed rest.

I go back to the doctor next week for an office visit and an ultrasound. So, it will be good to see the babies again and make sure this clot is not growing but shrinking.

It's going to be a difficult journey but Paul and I knew that this pregnancy wasn't going to be easy. We just didn't know that I could develop a clot and be on bed rest so early. Pray for us! Pray for Paul in taking care of me, Jared and our home! Pray for Jared! Pray for our marriage! And pray for these four sweet and precious blessings from God!!!! Thanks!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails